View Single Post
Old 19-12-2008

All-riiiiight!

Just point and qlikt myself a nice little order.
Some little parts on the way for the ol' GB-02 here, thanks to the minds of sim and jimmy. Have some bearings coming for the trailing arms (hope I ordered the correct size! ), as well as some of the wider TL-01 pins so I can screw that lower stud back into the threads further and maintain some proper camber.
Also, just for the heck of it, I may try some rear GB shocks on the front of the GB-02, just to see how it handles just a hair extra height. It may change the beginning arc of suspension travel (maybe a bit more backwards, similar to the "kick-up" mod concept on GB01?)... either way, not a big deal, just a trial and error experiment on my part... and I don't do much carpet racing at this point, so low and stiff isn't my concern with this particular set-up.

And, along with those parts, and thanks to the genius of Jamus, I ordered up a little kit of GT-01 chassis parts! Tub frame and some various parts bags, as well as the TamTech Hop-up "mixing-arms" or rocker-arms, with the bearing and 1 piece bolt/mounting pin. So, I'm anxious to convert the hornet over to this hybrid (what should it be called, "BT-01"?), and also do the "kick-up mod" too, to get some more angle on those A-arms for some of those basher front heavy jump landings, haha!

This is gonna be fun! Hopefully get here by the holidays so I have something to do...

Oh, and with those GT-01 parts trees is coming some of the larger wheel hexes, so I'll have to try out some "Sedan" wheels in the very near future. Not too sure what yet though, I don't know much about them at this point...