View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012
Mad Member

Wow! What a final round to a thrilling championship!

This is the first championship that I have organised on my own and I'd like to thank Ed Acheson, the full DMCC Committee, Richard Vance, Jim Lee and Dave and Michael Bolger (Loan on timing equipment) for thier support and help in making this championship a huge success.

As everyone knows, the championship got off to a lack luster start, when we had a very poor attendence at the first round. I know what went wrong and I hope to make sure this can't happen again next year - but the flipside to this is that most of the drivers whom attended round 1 have featured at the sharp ends of all of the classes - well done and thanks for your commitment.

2wd Clubman: David Home secured a second victory in the series at round 4 to secure the championship ahead of Ross McCullough and Jamie McCann. David's main rival in round 2 and 3, Ivan Thomson had a mechanical problem with his van late friday and thus didn't make it to Fivemiletown.

Juniors: In addition to Jamie McCann's third overall in 2wd Clubman, he also secured the Junior title also closely followed by his borther Jordan McCann. Well done to the McCann brothers - great to see young competitors being so committed to the series.

4wd Clubman: Richard Hyland only had to finish to secure the title, but instead he dominated the class and showed that he deserved the accolade of 4wd Clubman National Indoor Champion 2011.

2wd Modified: Mark Penney again proved that his driving skills coupled with the new Centro C4.1 is a difficult combination to beat by absolutely devouring the competition at round 4. He posted laps almost 0.5 seconds quicker that any other competitor in 2wd and was only 0.3 seconds off the 4wd Modified pace - very impressive. Mark took the title with 3 wins, from Derek McCloskey in 2nd. Niall Cromie took his home built Losi XXX midmotor conversion to third in the championship - very well done!

4wd Modified: This class had to be the most contentious of the series. Going into the last round, the top three drivers (White, Vance, McCloskey)all had a win under their belt, so a win at round 4 would secure it for any of them. Local hotshot, Aaron Vance sealed the victory under extreme pressure and from McCloskey and Robert Ried rounded off the top 3 on the day. Vance and McCloskey were tied for the championship, but Vance got it on count-back. The championship finished Vance, McCloskey, White.

Overall Champion: After combining both 2wd and 4wd scores for the season, Derek McCloskey has emerged as overall champion for 2011.

Results can be viewed on;
http://www.dublinmodelracing.com/wns2011

Final championship positions;

2wd Clubman:
1. David Home
2. Ross McCullough
3. Jamie McCann

Juniors:
1. Jamie McCann
2. Jordan McCann

4wd Clubman:
1. Richard Hyland

2wd Modified:
1. Mark Penney
2. Derek McClosjkey
3. Niall Cromie

4wd Modified:
1. Aaron Vance
2. Derek McCloskey
3. William White

Overall Championship winner (2wd score + 4wd score)
1. Derek McCloskey