View Single Post
Old 27-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul01ews View Post
Posting up on RC chat for drivers and clubs to log there interest for this year 2010 EOE series.

Good points Jonathan but i think there is still some who are up for it?

paul.

You need to make sure that you inform everyone in the region, which will require using more than oople and RC Racechat, there are 36 clubs in the East of England, fair enough not all of them race off road, but at least 11 of them are listed as being able to cater for 1/10 off road. It can't really be a regional if it's just MORE RC members can it, so make sure everyone knows?!?!

Shops are also a good place to start with advertising, as people need to get their spares from somewhere and there are a surprising amount in the area.

Also take a look at the national calendar for 1/10 and 1/8 as you can't run a regional on a national date and I am pretty sure at least one of your potential regional racers is doing 1/8 nationals this year. Also if you want to encourage an open class you'd be wise to miss the Mid East dates.

I know it may not be so easy, but you need to think about venues, I am guessing as there is no mention, that MORE RC is one venue, but it is one long drive from Kings Lynn and Norwich and would potentially put people off, as in a limted few travelled up to Eastrax a few years back because it was a "long way" People will comment about local advantage, or prefering one surface to another if all the regionals are run at one venue.

Also you mention about the first one being only four weeks away. But I can't see how anyone can commit or would pay an entry fee when there is no venue information or dates mentioned anywhere!!

All the best in trying to sort something out.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!