Thread: GB03 Hotshot
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend's shocks.

I would have prefered a 4wd as well, but I didn't like the mono front shock, so I'm still waiting for Tamiya to come up with a Tamtech Gear Supershot.

yeah, no worries now... just a bit of a "pita". Lack of information available on the hop-up compatibility. But, I guess that's why this forum exists, I just wish it were frequented more often.

We ended up going to another electronics shop closer by, and he bought just the "damper shaft" kit from tamtech, instead of an entire new CVA kit for 1 shock. The shaft kit includes 2 of the short 31mm (which is included in the front CVA kit), 2 of the medium 34mm (the long on the CVA kit), and 2 of the 37mm, which are apparantly meant for the aeration shocks... and plenty of new e-clips.

Also found out that there are some minor complications when installing the CVA shocks onto the Tamtech carbon damper stay. Different joint screws are needed in order to install.

And... on another note, about the GB-03 chassis. Anyone else notice the little tabs on the bottom of the belly-pan chassis that extend below the rear A-arms? I don't recall this being on the GB01 and GB02... ??
They prevent the A-arms from drooping down very far... Is this needed? Seems you could get some more "negative" sag travel from the suspension if you cut them off, allowing the wheels to travel down farther when in the air and have more effective travel upon landing (same concept as CORR series baja trucks, etc...), you know what I'm saying?
Anyone else have thoughts on this??? Check yours out if you have a Hotshot, you'll see what I mean.