Thread: new amb system
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Erm, your comparing it wrongly.... a car drives on a road, no one company has road building for the globe, so there is a set standard that is generally smooth, has corners and mostly black, so all manufacturers make cars to run on that..... Now, pay attention, MyLaps make a system which they support to accurately record times triggered by bugs. They design a digital bug that goes across it, triggers it correctly and records a Unique ID...... MRT have taken a Red PT, copied 95% of it (maybe more). They have taken MyLaps design to be able to make something to work on a MyLaps system, so in effect, they have copied it. Now, MyLaps have no need/requirement/social responsibility to support MRT. I doubt that MyLaps really see MRT as an issue or problem, simple as that.

I think people got to get it out of their minds that MyLaps are forcing MRT out, conspiracies etc, as really, if you look at it, MRT are the ones that copied MyLaps and are now falling foul of it. Maybe, as well as shouting at MyLaps to reduce their PT costs, we should do the same to MRT to support their product which is now being forced out of market??

But, as I say above, Mylaps is the original, MRT is a very good copy, but that is all it is, a Copy, I am sure if someone started selling a phone that operated on iPhone software without Apples authority, they would be in deep doo doo...
So, by your way of thinking, since British Petroleum didn't invent gasoline that they shouldn't be allowed to manufacture it either - since all they did was copy Standard Oil in the U.S. -- and you'd be quite happy riding your bicycle to go race your RC cars using your MyLaps PT to score it.

Got It!

I guess at that rate, since we're trying to put down manufacturers for "copying" - then anybody that's not driving an A-arm based suspension car that isn't branded Team Associated, and anybody that's not using an Electronic Speed Control that's branded Novak, is wrong too.