Thread: new amb system
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
Exactly, when I bought my first PT they cost £40. Pretty soon after that they price starting climbing. And once MyLaps corners the market again, do people really think the price is going to remain stable? No, of course they won't.

And you're correct about the handouts too. It was just last week a newbie father and son showed up at the track, all excited about racing, but at the end of the day he lamented to me about the £180 (he was quite shocked) he was going to have to dish out just so he and his son could race.
Don't mean to offend anyone - it's just my assumption that they'll raise to record prices sooner or later. I don't think AMB won't bow to pressure - but it's not for racers to apply that pressure, it's surely the governing bodies to suggest these things.
Surely they have some influence? What good is it for the sport to not have hand-out transponders. It's technically possible and would help the sport - and in turn also sell more PT's when people become hooked.

Or they can just go dick about in a carpark like probably 95% of R/C cars sold in the country. This statistic is entirely fabricated - but you see the point.

There's plenty of people interested in R/C cars who've never really been interested in racing because it looks too serious - and I'm sure buying a bit of timing equipment isn't really gonna help matters. My mate came to a club race - he only came once since he didn't really enjoy it much (it was a TC race, btw) which is fair enough - but he'd not even have been able to go if he had to have a PT.

What I'm getting at is handouts - bring them back!

Last edited by jimmy; 11-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.