Thread: new amb system
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Rob, when your car breaks down, the local garage can plug it into an OBDII reader, and obtain a generic code or you can take it to a main dealer and have it plugged into their reader and have a full diagnostic.... which costs more.

You keep comparing Generics and specifics.
Like I said - "I guess at that rate, since we're trying to put down manufacturers for "copying" - then anybody that's not driving an A-arm based suspension car that isn't branded Team Associated, and anybody that's not using an Electronic Speed Control that's branded Novak, is wrong too."

I suppose part of the thing that gets under my skin is that - during this period from when we all went from using handout PTs to shelling out the bucks to buy our own PTs, and then the forced upgrading of the decoders - is that we're paying for something that hasn't really changed or been improved from the barebones basic model I first saw at the track 25 (what?) years ago.
We've got these little bingers in our cars that count our laps and give vaguely accurate lap times.
If these systems were designed in a way, such as they are have been in 1:1 racing where the times and other prevalent information was transmitted to my pits (laptop) - or god forbid, my smartphone - then I might be impressed. But, to be honest, I haven't really seen any vast improvement to justify the cost and changes involved, other than one that suggest a monopolistic intent........In My Humble Opinion.