View Single Post
Old 30-03-2013

Default Rule clarification

Hi there one and all, firstly let me apologise for the over sight on my part.... I have spoken to Paul Worsley from the B.R.C.A this morning, I have been wanting to run the rules as close to the B.R.C.A as possible for consistency. Rule 15.24 does state that at Nationals there shall be 4 rounds of qualifying, true we are a Regional. However there are some B.R.C.A rules which can be varied for Regionals, but this is not one of them.
On a personal note it would be alot easier to just run the 2wd and 4wd, no other classes, however the Short Course does add additional support, and the Open classes are not only for other Regions drivers to get some practice, they are a way of introducing drivers to our Regionals,or maybe drivers just starting out and wanting to race alongside in a bigger event and see what it's all about, and maybe attract new blood in the future??? If the numbers do continue to grow then there may very well be a case for capping the classes, for now though we will continue to run short course and the open class.
Ok for the race format, we will be running 4 qualifying heats, finals will be 3 Leg A finals, and 1 leg for the other finals for the EoE 2wd and 4wd, the same format as nationals and other regions. The short course and the open classes will be 4 qualifying rounds and 1 leg finals for all. If we are at a meeting and the numbers are lower we can run 3 leg finals for all finals. There is nothing to say we can't increase the number of finals if numbers allow. As was said maybe we are a victim of our own success, but who could have honestly said we would be getting around 70 entries for the first meeting of the year?
I am sorry if this has caused a few issues, my fault, Sorry.

Now let's all look forward to some sunshine, a good days racing run by a club who know what they are doing. Enjoy some close racing, and plenty of it!!!! I am still fitting the electrics and trying to run a car that I have not even had a practice with yet, I will still be happy as long as you lot have a good days racing.

Colin Parsfield.