View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
I've no idea who the board are but are any selling batteries or connected to shops etc? You say it like I'm the only one to think this? I explained the situation to a friend and without saying anything he said sounds dodgy. And as was said a few pages ago hobbyking hurts his sales.
I asked if it's a safety issue but was told no it's performance. Then it's safety? Then it's tax dodging?
Easy to find (although it is the 2013-14 committee on there currently), just go on the BRCA site.

The list, as defined by Graham North and a few others who have been honest is there to provide a paperwork trail just in case an issue arrises and an insurance claim ends up happening. They also check to ensure that the batteries have passed the relevant tests that are required by ALL LiPO batteries.

It is a MYTH that it is safety or performance, unless of course a new battery comes out that is super brilliant, it has to wait till the next January to be legal for use at a BRCA sanctioned event, that is National and unfortunately still, regionals.