View Single Post
Old 26-06-2013
Mad Member

I ran my Vega 22 for the very first time last night.
The car was built from a brand new TLR22
Which I have found a completely new appreciation of the 22
The kit was great to build with a very strong feel in general with quality and even spares as well as parts that on other cars come as optional. Plus two sets wheels! Great value , strong and cheap spares.
All bolted into my Vega perfectly as any previous vega owner will know what I mean by perfectly.
I was still assembling the cars electrics on route to maritime raceway ( I wasn't driving)
I missed practice and did a steady first qualifier as the car was all new, the tyres were new and the track was new ( lots of new ) the track was probably my favourite yet from maritime.
It was really good!
http://www.maritimeracing.info/
So was my car!
A little dropping/shortening of rear camber links to help with rotation on the high grip carpet and it was sorted.
Tinkered with the newly bedding in ball diff and clutch in the next two quali's
And got a feel for the car.
I qualified p9 B
In the final the car was now getting really good with tyres coming in
In the first half of the race I kept clean consistent fast laps and fought up to 2nd place when to my despair my lipo cutoff cut in !!!
Guess who ( with all this excitement )forgot to charge.
Oh well
I wasn't really too down hearted as I was not expecting this new car to be sorted so quickly. And was more than impressed with its performance, it was awesome Teamed with TLR quality, affordability, strength and availability
I love the TLR shocks and the bladder/diaphragm really makes them work well.
A great partnership for me Vega/TLR,all under my shell
I cannot wait till next weeks racing