View Single Post
Old 14-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Serious idea for winter racing.

Rob and I were chatting today about winter plans.
Neither of us are terribly confident about outdoor racing in winter - people say they are up for it now, but given how quick everyone scampers off home when it rains I'm not convinced yet.
Getting an indoor venue is tricky though - we need a lot of space, and we'd also need storage for carpets, track hose etc, and all at a really cheap price.

But following on from Matts thread about the Tomy GX's;

What about if we ran Micro T's and or GX's? They are much smaller, and we could easily find a room - even a pubs function room should be large enough. We might want carpet and track hose - but we are talking one roll, and garden hose which will fit in a car boot.
I'd favor the Micro T over the GX because its fully rebuildable and has proportional steering. JE sell them for £58, but I'm fairly sure if instead of buying individually we ordered in bulk through the club we could knock it down to under £50 (is this possible Stu?) which is no more than you'd spend on tyres racing 1/10ths indoors.
We'd run them stock, everything you need is in the box, but damage is repairable - a whole new gearbox cost me £7.
Only problem I can see is timing would have to be manual - they are too small for handout transponders and the stock electrics have no way of powering a PT.

Who's interested?

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)