View Single Post
Old 14-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well it was just an idea.....

Money is not the issue Coleman, whatever people say. How much was your 410 Ultra chassis? If I'm right on discounts I reckon we could get 3 whole Micro T's for that money. Not chassis, not rollers, whole cars with electrics, radio, charger and even the AA's to run them. So any comments about spending extra is rubbish.

You won't change cars to suit the venue, but you will change days of the week? Maybe that works for you but it doesn't for a lot of others.

We have investigated several venues. So far its all too small, no storage or too expensive. Chadderton for example costs so much you needed 50-60 drivers at a tenner a piece to get close to covering costs. Rossendale got away with their venues because they had a van to cart gear around (ie no storage needed)

Its worth pointing out Jnunu's post - He was a Roundabout regular but Dave's finding it equally hard to get a midweek venue. Sundays are busier than mid-week in the winter for sports halls.

I'm quite happy to go with outdoor racing. I'm used to it - thats what I did as a kid. But the reality is that for a typical wet meeting only have the drivers that entered round 1 are still running come finals, and thats in the Summer. When its 5 degrees its going to be even less.

Personally I rather like the idea of racing in a pubs function room and pitting in the saloon bar. But if people don't fancy it thats fine.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)