View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I've packed it in due to spiralling tyre costs even to be competitive in a club series. I just cant justify it on a personal level - others have their own views but from past experience the current tyres are just not up to the job.
The new darts just don't last - 2 sets of rears are a minimum. Mini-spikes last longer but they don't give enough grip as the darts do. I feel a set of tyres should last a meeting to keep the hobby balanced - the tyres used to degrade, but currently they just fall off the cliff.

Going to a harder compound could of helped the situation maybe - but then everyone would have to do that to not make it a two tier race.
I feel the dart is different - I was convinced the compound has been altered, but it could just be the profile and the cars characteristics of being able to rotate up their own arse.

Electrics, spares and other areas of the hobby are the best they have ever been - things last, dont cost stupid amounts if youre careful and you can get away with having cheaper motors / escs. However the hop up band wagon is frustrating. You know you don't NEED them, but we all know it makes us feel better with them!

Darts were meant to be a solution, however you still see spikes being trimmed and even more new sets getting bolted on.