View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018
Super Moderator

Hi, just to put a few things straight:

The oOple Off Road Open Series has chosen Schumacher Darts AND Proline Pinpoints.

We have successfully run Pinpoints at all the venues, Ulverston, Broxtowe and Oswestry. A number of the oOple team have run them as their chosen tyre at all three venues so far.

I have run the Harder Z3 compound at two Bury Club meetings and a Southport meeting as well as trying them at all the oOple meetings above and I'm still on the same pair. In fact yesterday at Bury, they were giving so much rear drive and grip I was struggling with quite a bit of understeer!

You can now get a front Proline called a Wedge Squared which looks very much like a Schumacher cut stagger and it works very well, in fact it has grip and hardly any grip roll.

Whilst the Prolines are somewhat more expensive to buy in the first place they last a heck of a lot longer with in my opinion not much drop in performance. I tried them back to back with Darts at Bury yesterday and the Pinpoints were way quicker.

They won't work at every club but for the average club driver and if rules allow, i would invest in a set of Z3 rear Pinpoints and Z3 front Wedge Squared and try them out. You might find you have to alter your cars setup in 2WD as the Pinpoints provide a lot of forward drive.

BRITISH NATIONAL 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2012
BRITISH NATIONAL SERIES 4WD VETERAN CHAMPION 2013