Thread: Brushless CRT
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2009

Send a message via MSN to electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
No, it won't. It is too small for the CRT, which is a heavy truck as it is.

And I probably wouldn't bother with the 2200kV motor, as even at 18.5V it will be revving over 40000 rpm. Considering that when the pack is fully charged, it will put out 21V and will rev at 46200 rpm. This is going to wear out your motor much faster than if you are running it on 14.8V.

I would get the MMM from RC-Monster (who are splitting combos, so you can get an MMM for ~£95), and a Tekin T8 1700kV motor to go with it (also on the same site). This kV is much better suited for the voltage in my opinion.

Or, just go with an RX8 combo. It's only £35 more than the MMM. It hasn't had any problems yet (apart from a couple of motors have lost their magnets, though this is isolated, and Tekin are replacing them for free anyway), and it is hybrid sensored, so you have sensored start up, then sensorless power at a higher rpm. It's also much smaller and neater looking than the MMM.
i got the MMM 2200kv off ebay today as i decided since all i will be doing is bashing and not racing why not
i got it cheap...very cheap compared to others that were selling
so now my 8B has the medusa 36-60-2000 and MMM on 5s/4s and the CRT has the MMM 2200 on 4s/5s when the CRT arrives i will get pictures
Brushless CRT - Mamba monster - Neu motor - RCPD conversion kit {for sale}
Ebay items : http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/terzo53