Thread: Where to buy??
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPR8 View Post
I agree that the price of the Kyosho on face value is very steep, but you have to consider that it has several parts as standard that others only supply as an option (and not a cheap one at that).
The tki models come with aluminium (cnc) rear hubs and steering knuckles, radio posts and wing posts for example.
Some of the manufacturers may supply plastic parts (wing and radio posts) or simply cast aluminium (knuckles) instead.
I know that the cnc rear hubs for the mugen are circa £100, whereas the kyosho are around the £45 mark.
Maybe look out for a good used one for sale on here or ebay, I picked up my Mp9e second hand.
I give you that, I agree that machined aluminium parts improve the overall quality but it simply puts it out of my target price range.

I would rather spend almost half that amount on the kit initially (AE 8.2e is around £350) and then upgrade over time as and when I can afford it and once I have identified the weak points that need upgrading. All of the fancy alloy is not always necessary, so although it certainly looks nice then some of it may be little more than bling.

I dont know enough about this Kyosho specifically to comment on the pros or cons of this model, but unfortunately my pockets arent deep enough to justify purchasing a kit at around £650.

Having owned several Kyosho 1/10 buggies in the last couple of years though then I do know that unfortunately, whilst some of the higher price may be due to alloy hop ups included as standard, a large chunk of it is also down to exchange rates and such like. I am afraid that I refuse to pay over the odds for something due to the exchange rates, I will always buy something else that doesnt incur the same burden of such rates.