View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016

Hi Simon,
Welcome!
It is easier to answer all these questions if you can pop down to the club at some point.
I don't know of anyone running a losi at Silverstone but I'm sure you can get it working, there are lost of Schumacher, Team C and Yokomo cars.
I run Medium Schumacher rear inserts in Schumacher yellow mini spikes and either low profile yellow staggers or cut staggers on the front without any insert.
I would say don't trim anything off to start with and see how the balance feels first.

8.5T motor will be about right. For gearing look at the car manual and the recommended gear ratio that comes with the motor, or look up losi setup sheets online.

We do have a couple of spare transponders at the club that you could borrow initially, while you seek advice of which PT to go for. I think there are good MRT ones available now that are cheaper than mylaps.

If possible its better to charge lipos on the race day, they don't like being stored fully charged, you can probably get away with it overnight if you need to, but I prefer to charge just before the race if possible. They also must not ever be fully discharged, they are quite different to the old Nicads!

Feel free to come and find me tomorrow if you get there.
Cheers,
Nigel

Nigel Powell - Schumacher - Silverstone RCMCC