View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017

the package i bought had a mm converted to mh with 4 gear upright and a 3 gear laydown mh so have been able to run the cars directly after one another, you can really feel the difference with the changes then! i didnt like the 4 gear upright at all, too much difference on and off power for me, felt really strange and i couldnt drive consistantly, not that i am very good anyway,it just didnt feel right. 3 gear upright has loads of traction, but when it does slide its snappy not gentle. 3 gear laydown is gentle, predictable when it slides, and with the shocks in front of the tower it is really hard to upset it. you have probably found it similar! i havent changed much else on the car at all really, apart from my battery/ speed control arrangement.
my only thing i think i need to sort out now is how to add front end grip through the day as the tracks get more slippy, going to try adding weight on top of the servo as the day goes on next weekend and see if that helps, want to avoid any big changes to the car itself as it works too well as it is otherwise