Thread: 501X SETUPS
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I think you are trying to be helpful here - but really this post is wrong on so many levels, it is bad advice and I would be worried that someone would read it and think it was correct.

It is NOT correct.

Crucially, the Durga One-Way DOES NOT WORK in this car. You are running the front one-way backwards but do not know enough about the car to realise it.

The rest of your post is meaningless/misguided.

I know a few people on the board like to pull your leg and I know you enjoy it - I'm not here to pull your leg - I'm just going to ask you to STOP posting stuff you know nothing about, because one of these days someone will take it as fact and will end up in a costly mess.
This is what someone said on rctech:
Your Worlds 501X comes with a 50/50 split - 37t pullies at either end - the older car came as standard with an overdriven front end. I made the mistake of thinking that unbalanced the car or simply didn't matter - quite the opposite, it really makes it easier to drive on low traction surfaces (on high traction its probably not noticable either way)
You can get a 36T pulley for your ride - they are the white TA05 36T pullies and come in diff or one way styles (bigger hole in the middle is the only difference) - I'd definitely give this a go if you're finding the rear loose as it really helped me on low traction clay tracks.