Thread: Awesome track!
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2014

Default Awesome track!

I've noticed a couple of track praising comments in the other thread but I thought it was so good that it deservers a new thread. One for people to comment more fully on what they think and if anything can be improved upon and what they really liked. My thoughts are:-

1. All the hard work has been well worth it and brought Bury back to a standard easily good enough to hold a national.
2. I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting today and am certain to be back regularly.
3. The track flows brilliantly but with just enough technicality to be the perfect balance.
4. The grip level is excellent without being grip-rolly. Part worn and even knackered tyres are fine.
5. It's a shame racing is only scheduled fortnightly as I think there would easily be enough interest in holding races more frequently.
6. The slightly bumpy surface only adds to the experience.

There are a couple of things I'd like to see.

1. There was talk at one time of moving the rostrum back so that the track in the near corners would be more visible especially when stood next to someone using a steer wheel transmitter. I think you could leave the container and just weld the rail a bit further back or just don't build tracks that go too far into the near corners. Also because the floor of the rostrum is 'clinky' I think drivers should me made to stand still until every driver is finished. The humping and bumping of drivers walking behind you when you are trying to finish your last lap is off putting.
2. If possible somehow I really think 10 car heats would be much more suitable because with the large track that it is, a crash in the wrong place and it can take ages to get marshalled.

Thanks today for a great meet held on a great track in great weather.