View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014

Hi all,

Just thought I would share my Hex with you all. I bought a DJI Phantom 2 with all the goodies, Zenmuse 3d, fpv, and so on. After about 30 mins of ownership I realised that this was just not up to the job (chocolate and fire guard springs to mind).

So I decided to let that go and bought an F550 ( the newer E300 one ) and liked this a lot more. I added the AeroxCraft landing gear, Zenmuse 3D, GoPro, Naza V2, a cheap FPV system. However the most important thing I did ( for me ) was to break into the GoPro and ad a remote shutter release cable meaning that I could compose my aerial shot using the FPV and then remotely release the shutter.

I am know waiting for my DJI S900 with A2, Light Bridge,Zenmuse GH4 and Lumix GH4. I am planning on somehow bringing her out of my man cave and saying something like " oh, this old thing....... no I have had this for ages.......it just looks very very clean........"

I have added a pano I took with the F550 in the evening. The light was low ( you can see the sun just catching the church in our village ) but the GoPro did quite a good job of catching the image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F550-1.jpg (396.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg photo1-1.jpg (292.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg photo2-2.jpg (305.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Harringworth Pano.jpg (130.3 KB, 33 views)