View Single Post
Old 22-03-2014

Hi all, I enjoy reading all the comments on here but have never posted as I felt the club was perfect as it was, and hope it would remain the same. I have to say, last nights change was disappointing. Hence this post.
Two heats + final as previously discussed isn't enough. The longer race for me proved tougher as I found my concentration levels dropped toward the end. Plus tougher on cells and charging time was greatly increased. After my heat, to return to pits, remove cells and charge in lipo sack then Marshall was a rush. Previously I've done all that after marshalling.
I feel the problem behind all this is the success and popularity of the club. Too many racers. Limiting numbers, unfortunately would help.
I usually help with track assembly/disassembly however, due to crash on M6 we came in slightly later. Track was built already (good work lads) but was nearly 8 before first crowded heat. In my opinion the kamikaze practice sessions could be dropped to save time. In short, we need to start sooner and limit numbers.
Harsh but I feel true.
Lot of respect for Eric, Janice, Peter and committee for their work at the club. It's a great club and love attending. Just hope it doesn't become a victim of its own success?.

Ps, after reading the great heated debate prior the AGM..... What happened????