Thread: New Race Format
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2010

Although I'm the chairman of the club and some would say i should keep my views to myself, I disagree and feel it's only fair that i should put my point, as a driver, across.

It's good that we're trying new formats but this will bring negative and possitive opinions with any new format.

Last week Jon in my absence asked people what they would like to try for the next trial period, and he tells me two people spoke up out of fourty. This proves that a majority of the club members just want to come along and race, and with that in mind I am in favour of putting in place a race format at the end of these trial periods, which works for the club as a whole, the time we have to run in an evening and for the benefit of the people that run the club, so please bare this in mind. If you read this thread so far i can count about six or seven people that have posted an opinion regards our trial periods.

The point above about grading using an average system is yes great, but our software does not allow for this so somebody would have to sit down and manually work it out week by week, and there is no way any of us want to do that as we feel we do so much already i.e. wednesday night and the addition of the outside track. To give you an example take packing away at the end of the evening which should idealy be done by the last two heats, i counted three from sixteen last night helping and the two people under the stage were the same two people that were there at 5:30 building the track. I hope you understand my point that ideas are great however if they heap even more work onto the people that run the club, I personaly don't think that they should ever come into practise.

Please don't stop adding your oppinions as this is what the thread is for!

Kind regards Alan