Thread: New Race Format
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2010
Mad Member

Chairman or not Alan, you're a member of the club and entitled to your say as is every other member. I would perhaps say even more so as you're one of the few remaining "original" members from way back when.........

I think a few people need to step back a moment and take into consideration that this club doesn't run itself. The fact that it is such a smooth operation is credit to those that make it happen. Certain members put an awful lot of time and effort into making sure that your Wednesday night entertainment runs smoothly. Among all this they're listening to the club membership and taking on board what changes people would like to see. It doesn't happen all at the press of a button.

And yet at the end of an evening it's the same old few putting it all away as Alan rightly states, when those that should be doing their bit are chatting away in the side rooms about their final. It's not a written rule but it is a courtesy thing that the last 2 races of the night put the track away. About time certain drivers stepped up to the mark to help out before those that are doing ALL this get hacked off with it.

And on top of this we have the new permanent outdoor venue to get up and running fully. Personally I haven't been able to get up there as much as I'd hoped, but again certain members of the club have been spending an inordinate amount of time not just working on the site itself and preparing the land, but working behind the scenes to liase with the local community to get toilet facilities sorted, refreshments, site access, materials - everything you need to build a successful venue for our club to EXPAND. This is all being done in their own time and their own expense, purely for the continued good fortune of the club.

Opinions of club members are welcomed, but as Alan stated if it means more work for those who already are doing more than their fair share when others stand idly by then changes won't be made and opportunities may be missed. It was emphasised when the announcement was made about the new venue that it would only happen if the club as a whole made the effort to make it happen. Just because the first race meeting has been held doesn't mean we're "there". There's an awful lot of work to be carried out over the months before we get into a full 2011 season, but unless the club works as a whole then you may lose a fantastic outdoor race venue.