Thread: New Race Format
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2010

To me the system has its pros and cons

Yes starts maybe cleaner etc but I agree with what dave says, laps are just too quick for the staggered start and a couple of mistakes puts you lapped and in a awkward position however the staggered grid seems to work both ways being cleaner off the line compared to the 3 lines mass start .
Also even though i like the qualifing then final format 2 qualifiers doesnt feel enough of a chance, a break or car failure in round one causes a all balls out run next in round two as an attempt to qualify as high as possible. Ive heard 3 3 min qualifiers and 5 min final wispered and that sounds worth a try
Also the driver ranking seems a bit , im not sure how it works but i had a 1st overall one week which put me pole for the A the next week (which is a bit scary lol) then a 3rd , 5th etc over a couple of weeks, then ill have a bad evening and end up 9th or so a week or two later and ill drop to the bottom of B qualifying the next week maybe it should work on an average over certain number of weeks or something??

My 2 pence
Will