View Single Post
Old 13-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-thebabystore View Post
Also, seen reference to flipping the wishbones before, what does it mean and what benefits are there from doing it?
Flipping the wishbones enables you to mount the shocks on the front of the tower instead of the kit setting at the back. Most other 4wd cars are have the rear shocks mounted on the front of the wishbone and it seems to help X4TE not sit down under power. It also shorterns the wheelbase to I think.

I did it on sunday, after watching simon Moss's car going round who already had the shocks mounted on the front of the rear tower. I was struggleing to get car the car to turn in under power and so was losing time through the top corner and also into the chicane section after the big jump, after I flipped the rear shocks to the front of the rear tower it made the car have more steering through fast corners, so the top end of the straight I didn't need to back off as much and I could easily power the car round the long sweeper into the chicane section. I also personally found that the car had more rotation off power and easier to drive through hair pins. Suffice to say in round 3 my fastest lap was a 24.4, in round 4 after the change I was doing mid 23's, and that is without any other set-up changes. It definatly worked for me at woksop on sunday anyways.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles