View Single Post
Old 13-02-2015
Mad Member

Default It can be hard trying to promote a club

...As I well know.

While many of you were either at The Plough worrying about the weight of cell tape, getting over the previous nights student piss up, or simply not even in the hobby, I was busy every Sunday morning at Torch with only about another 4 or 5 people, usually no more than half dozen, making sure we can have 2 heats, one of 3 and 2, or two of 3, and no lap counting.

Or travelling to every model shop I could find in South Hampshire to see if they would kindly put a flyer up in their window, that I had printed out.

Or taken the time to e-mail/write to magazines in the hope we might get a mention, such as the nugget I found below:

Or even as a result of which, talking on the phone for 10/15 mins at a time to people who sounded like they were interested, but would never turn up. Sometimes risking my dinner going cold as a result. All the time hoping that we would have somewhere to back to the next week and I wouldn't get the call from Ron (rip) saying that was it.

I'd like to say well done to all the committee, you all do a great job in taking the club forward, and it's a thankless task, however, I'd like to blow my own trumpet here, for a change, and say that if it wasn't for us keeping the coals burning, there may not have been a club left for some of you to come back to.

Long may we continue
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited by Crazy L; 14-02-2015 at 01:31 PM.