View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007

Hands up who's knackered?!

I'm beat... and I didn't even pick up my Transmitter once! What a lot of finals... but some really great racing on what was a very tough track and surface. Well done to all the BRCA officials there, you couldn't tell the boss was missing!

Some really great performances... all the junior guys (all 17 of them in total across the 2 age groups ) did a great job, clean racing, particularly the under 16's, very courtious and between them, Matt Latham, Tom Moore and Dan Cockill put on a great battle all day, any one of them could have taken it either day, but Matt and Dan in 2wd and 4wd respectively did the business so well done guys!

BRC... Nick Goodall, Stan, and Brett Birch each qualified very well in 2wd, Stan never got an honest crack at taking pole by breaking it on his warm up lap of round 4... D'oh! But Nick was a worthy TQ and winner... very good stuff, welcome back! Nick Oliver... Mate, well impressed with the way you kept your head in 4wd... only finishing 2 qualifiers but taking the pole was really good... the finals were a disaster for you, you were officially the unluckiest guy there in 4wd not finishing a leg, but you showed your pace in leg 1 by building up a safe lead after just a couple laps. Stan, well done on the win, I know you don't have much 4wd experience but you pulled it out the bag... made REALLLLLLY hard work of leg 2 lol but you got to the line 1st and that's what counts! Dave Poulter... really well driven, don't think you have much 4wd experience either but on another day the title could easily have been yours, very very fast driving.

Really enjoyed the weekend, the track was 'a challenge' but all in all the venue was pretty cool, a bar on site is never a bad thing! Oh and I should mention that I had a fantastic mixed grill on saturday night from the little pub up the road, top draw, and thanks to everyone elses dislike for black pudding, got extras too! OJ... how's your eye? Shouldn't really eat outside when it's dark.

Cheers Silverstone, see most of you at Coventry... DER DA DER DA DER, DER DER DERRRRRRRRRR... DER DA DER DA DER, DER DER DERRRRRRR!

Yardy