Thread: Council updates
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2012

Default Facilities Update

As most may know we (ourselves and the Cycle Speedway club) have joined forces to sort what should be basic facilities, that we had before the track relocation.

Whilst we do have access to the gym toilets, we are now looking to secure our own toilets with changing facilities and have agreed with the council and Bury Juniors, to use half of the ground floor of the football clubhouse.

Plans have been drawn with the council and we are currently in the process (myself and the speedway Chairman) of submitting an application for funding for the costs of refurbishment. The club have spent a fair bit of monies on expenditure since the track relocation and of course we are not prepared to spend further on returning previously supplied facilities. That said, we will be getting much better facilities. As I have previously stated, the council accept that they should return these to us but they have no funds instead they are supporting us in the funding bid. The bid will include electricity to the cabins and it is hoped to be approved before the end of this year and works completed by April 2013. (fingers crossed)

I have also made a tentative approach to the planning dept with regards to the possibility of a purpose built clubhouse and rostrum. Of course this is not an urgent need but a future plan. More will be discussed at the AGM next Thursday.

I have been asked to provide a proposed plan of what we would look to build, to the planning office for them to advise me on whether it would be approved.
Can anyone assist with this? Please get in touch asap.

My vision In brief, the ground floor would be essentially storage, but contain internal stairs to the first floor viewing area and race control. We should look at the possibility of ramp access to the front for wheelchairs. The building would be secured by steel doors/shutters and the viewing area would need to secure from local youths etc so possibly shutters again.
I guess brick built. The current cabin location seems to be the only real option and as the new gym is in the background, i'm hoping will not raise objections from locals etc.

See you all at the AGM Thursday 4th October 2012 7.30pm.

Darren Wales
Chairman
BMRCC

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.