View Single Post
Old 31-03-2013

Default Regional rep????!

Ok, i started racing regionals last season and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, i have done rally x nationals for around 10 years, happy to qualify and would consider it a success if i bumped up a final or two..i have been on a committee of a local indoor club for over 20 years, i help organise and run a model week holiday for around 7years. so when the chance to help our region when, and lets not forget the rep run off with all of the regions money leaving it in a bit of a state. I had to arrange the round trophies, sort out a regional bank account, which took many weeks to find a suitable one, along with ben had numerous e mails to the brca trying to recover the regions funds. over the winter months i have had numerous e mails to our regions clubs trying to get as good and many venues to spread the series around the region.last year everyone complained there were not enough venues, so i tried to make this as good a series as possible. At the agm and after there was so many complaints about the price increase so i listened and gave you a cheap days racing, i admitted on oversight on my part, the rules have been with the brca for years 4 qualifiers and 3leg A finals, i do prefer 3leg finals for all finals but with the current entry list we simply do not have time. At future rounds we can be more mindful of this and accommodate this. I have devoted so much time as im sure many club officials do up and down the country, the last thing i have wanted to do is upset or annoy people of which there seems to be many. i do this hobby for the love of it, its not ment to be a serious sport, there are many things in life that are serious but racing model cars should not be one of them. i was looking forward to a good days racing tomorrow and bring funds to our regions clubs, sadly now i am looking at a lot of negitative comments. there for if someone feels they can and want to do a better job then i will gladly hand over the chance to you and you can run it.