View Single Post
Old 16-02-2013
Mad Member

cheers guys for all your suggestions. I'm gonna give 4s a try again from now as I only had one 6s pack anyway, but quite a few 2s packs I can use to make up 4s.

Lazy Goo, I use it in my 1/10 buggies and ST.

Water ingress was not the issue as I only drove 4 feet, very slowly, and the motor is sensorless (Leopard 2000kv btw)

Warranties, Had the esc a while, and it came from HK.

The Tekin is sexy, just a shame it's a few bob more than I'd like. Does it run sensorless motors too?

Hmmm, nailing the gas to pull the LST along might cause a warmth issue on the HW 120amp. While the MGTe is all working fine with the bugs ironed out (just needs a wash now to remove smoke damage), I've got as far as machining up a motor mount and bolting it on, no gear ratios, cell tray, single gear conv'n, nothing. So I don't know if it would be similar.

I ran the MGTe on 4s before with enjoyable results, I only bought the 6s as a giggle and to see if I could then lower the power and get a longer runtime (was running a 2250kv in it), on 50% power, as full tilt was just mental, destroyed OE wheels, tyres turned in to pizza cutters, sheared off cvds, mental, 50% throttle was plenty.

Didn't have the issues with 4s. I dont know exact figures, but the LST is defo lighter than the MGT.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/