View Single Post
Old 24-03-2013

I have recently bought this exact ESC.

I usually run Tekin RX8s and while one was being sent away for service I bought this as a low cost back up ESC to keep in my tool box. My RX8 isn't back so this ESC had to be installed im my truggy and I have one full practice and full race under my belt with it.

Setup: 6s Zippy 5000mah, Tekin T8 1350kv, Team C T8TE truggy, futaba brushless servo and kopro euro radio

Observations:

PROs: no cogging (unsensored), very cool, great power, battery mileage was very good under this esc. My RX8 ran at about 145 F and mileage was about 250 mah/min, this Turnegy 150A ESC is running at 97 F and I get 210 mah/min!

CONs: fan runs constantly but thats ok if its keeping it cool. At first their was an issue with it turning off completely out of the blue. For some reason it didn't like the transponder being plugged into it next to it on the receiver, oddly I moved the transponder to ch 4 giving the esc plug some room and the problem went away. Weird I know.

For the price I am very impressed with this ESC's performance and do recommend it for the budget racer. Great buy.