View Single Post
Old 25-03-2014

Does it help real racing?
I've found it more a bit of fun tbh, tho not done much real racing to compare how I'm doing over winter due mainly to the fact our club only having had 4 meets since October!

If nothing else it helps keeps your thumbs moving and I do think it helps with race pressure as daft as that sounds.. I'll try explain, you might have 1 final a week in real life if your lucky, on vrc I can run 5 finals in a night then 5 more tomorrow etc
Multiplayer races with collisions turned on are my favourite way of playing.

Will have to see once the outdoor season starts if I'm any better or not, last time I did regionals I was f3 2 yrs ago so not slow but never super quick either and certainly not a second behind Cragg after 5 mins lol
I do believe I won the bury winter champs this year but not much of a marker to go off tbh lol
If I am or not doesn't really matter though, it's great fun on its own!

I'd say that You need about £100 worth of graphics card and a multi core processor as a minimum, the better your pc though the more graphics options you can have turned on and the better your experience will be!
Best advice download the free to play program, turn off shadows, smoke, dust etc turn down the graphics options to minimum and check your frame rate, then increase things slowly to find a setting your happy with.