View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014

OK, I get the "mix-n-match" not being legal. I did not understand that you can't bolt a Mardave front end to a Schumacher rear. I'm not sure why that would effect cost or fairness of competition, but I get it.

I can put out a full kit, if need be, to follow the rules, or intent of the rules.

What about things like servo saver or spur gear, etc.? A Kimborough servo saver is included in the SupaStox kit. Bolts, bearings?

How are "upgrades" handled? Is the "chassis" the only part that cannot be changed or upgraded?

Are all Mardave kits on this page legal for GT12 circuit?

http://www.mardave.co.uk/rc-car-kits/circuit.html

Some are as high as 149 pounds. Selling a circuit car with a straight (non-diff) axle and then expecting the customer to buy a diff to be competitive, seems to be worming around the intent of the 99 pound rule.

Could there be an additional rule, say 149 pound max for a circuit car with diff?

I would be happier if I could just put out a kit that included a diff rightout of the box for 149 pounds rather than have to supply a straight axle with a 99 pound kit that will just get tossed.

I will re-read the GT12 rules.

What about "homebuilder" stuff? What is the TIC "homebuilder" kit for? Is that for bangers only or something else? Can I buy the TIC "homebuilder" kit, build my own chassis around it and sell it as a kit and be legal?

I sense that this class is evolving, circuit is anyway. Rules that have been in place for oval or banger classes may not be ideal for circuit.

I saw the recent clarification on what a "solid axle" is, the intent that the physical axle is to be non-hollow. Can anyone speak to the idea that maybe it could be added that each wheel should spin on the same "virtual axle"? I too find the term solid axle can be confusing, a Nascar rear end would be legal in my book for GT12. In general, in RC, in the US, a "solid axle" means a "pan car" type rear axle. "split axle" may be the better term.

By definition 2 wheels that are connected by a differential cannot be attached to the same physical axle.

Please bear with me/us over here, we're new to this whole GT12 thing.

Thanks for the input.