View Single Post
Old 30-06-2013

Default Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Fair play johnny, those stencils worked out nice. We have a grid at last! We had to paint by hand in the end as spray paint just doesn't get into the astro enough. The numbers are painted and waiting to dry before we put the grids around the numbers. It's looking good,
Big thanks to those who gave up some time to help, we got SO much done, the track looks a million times better now! Hopefully the weed killer will start to kick in in the next few days and we can remove the small bits of weed that remain.

Johnny, not like you to bite pal! I know you have been working away a lot recently and not been racing, so your entitled to get some track time in today at southport.

Myself, Gavin, Rob and even a newbie that hasn't even raced yet, Paul, started the morning off well, until the strimmer seized. quick trip to B & Q had us back strimming with a new one. Purchased by Mr Chairman (with a receipt for the accounts) we all dug in and quickly got some much needed long grass removed. Myself and Paul continued with the long weeds along the fence lines, whilst Gav and Rob got spreading the weed killer and making a start on painting the grid numbers.

We were then aided by a couple more hands, in the form of Chris and Alan Reed and then The Pitman Eddie, Josh and Luke came along to help too!
Big thank you to all that came, we certainly worked hard and got rid of most of unsightly weeds around the track fence as well as those on the track. Those weeds still left on the track, well, it's off road so no complainers please!

Some more sweeping of the track may very well be needed before the next meeting on Sunday but there are plenty of brushes for those that can turn up 30 mins earlier than they usually do.

Enjoy next Sunday and I'll see you in a fortnight at the regional.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.