Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2Visuvesi View Post
The rear spoiler support.... Would an 'A' frame be stronger than the single support you have now?

Will get myself a 210 ready,
An A-frame would be stronger, but to be honest I've only broken one plate. This was with a 2.5mm thick plate (I now use 4mm) and at the point where there is a slot through it (the most rearward mounting point on the bulkhead).

With small revisions a 2.5mm version should be strong enough, but like anything it's re-design will be re-considered, and likely changed: a vertical placed plate seems to cope better with the stresses at hand, though I may also use a more 3D structure to ensure its durability for the conversion kit.

I also have an update to share on the race. The car handled well, but initially, my RWD outpaced the FWD as the flat track allowed missile-like acceleration. However, by the end of the training day the grass was nearly gone on the racing line, and getting out of corners was getting trickier. On the sunday morning practice the track was coming towards the FWD buggy as the track became bumpier. As the track would get worse through the day, I decided to drive my FWD buggy.

In the end, this was an excellent decision. The car did really well and where the RWDs struggled with the bumps, the FWD would just shoot off The qualifying was decent, starting 6th in the B-final, but I had some bad luck in the finals: the pace was the same as the leaders, but I made a stupid mistake in the first final (falling back from 2nd place to end up 9th) and in the third final fell back from 5th to 9th when a car on the side of me went out of shape. Still, I think anywhere present at the event can acknowledge the impressive pace of the car, and 18th overall is a decent result

And thanks to Eric Hendriks, Bert Pecasse and Monique van Helvoirt I've got some really sweet action shots:

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 16-09-2014 at 04:02 PM.