View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreargrip View Post
i agree with you and neil cragg.lol...i love jumps but not flat out ones...too much risk of breaking my car badly....no skill in it for me...just hit it as hard as you can and hope for the best..ive trashed two lrp sxx v2 speedos...thats 400 quids worth,,i put it down to all the heavy landings,nothing could take that..i also think its too dangerous for marshalling and for people watching near it...i got it wrong in practice and just missed some guy...i mean i just missed his head....i wouldve killed him i think...dont know about anyone else but i dont want to live with hurting somebody...
also one poor dude got hit in the face,blood everywhere...imagine if that was a kid...johnny dunn got hit on the side of the head....
i think its time to think of something more suitable and safer.
even move the hump up tight to the first corner...
its not the height its the speed thats the problem...
Hi,
Speaking as the "poor dude" that got hit in the face i am ok, pair of black eyes a bad start to new year but otherwise fine. i am glad it was a 2wd clubman and not a 4wd modified that hit me though or could have been worse.......
for what its worth I have to agree about the skill level needed for the big jump, as someone who had not turned a wheel on an RC car for 15 years the jump was the bit i struggled with the least, nail it and if u lined up then bingo. by comparison i was all over the place in the technical infield sections.
overall though a fantastic track with brilliant organisation and everyone very friendly and helpful for a newcomer
Ray