View Single Post
Old 14-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredSLED View Post
I have to mention...
The left rear wheel (from driver perspective) has some pretty bad wobble when holding the car and revving motor... very off balance. I don't know what to do. I've tried to track it down, removing, disassembling, and reassembling, but no luck.
Any one have ideas?

Also, does anyone else here notice that with a very powerful motor, one tire tends to spin more than the other... ? On smooth cement, when I punch the throttle, it actually steers more to the left due to more power going to the right wheel.... is this only me? It is somewhat discouraging.

Oh, and I'm wondering, has anyone here tried a the "Sedan" wheel converters? What set-up do you use? I'm wondering about this a little bit, especially as I move onto more powerful motors. Any info is appreciated!

hmmm ...and my problem with the Mamba "25" esc... hmmm. I wonder if Mamba "Micro-Pro" is any better, or maybe Tekin Mini-rage.

...and also wondering what benefit I would get from fitting a Hitec HS85MG into the car as my steering servo...?

sorry for all of the rambling thoughts and questions.

The stock servo is very good. Just not sure if its as indestructible as the 85MG, so I put one in mine after seeing frogger do his.

The original Mamba 25 is supposed to have old software on it. If you can get the Castle Link and hook it up to a computer, its supposed to help a lot with the cogging (from what I remember reading). The Micro Pro and the Sidewinder Micro are supposed to have the latest software already. The cogging is more apparent on heavier loads too, so maybe less noticeable on the Mini-T.

The wheel wobble might be what's making your car swerve to one side.

How are the 3Racing shocks? I didnt get their set for the Tamtech gear but had one of their Mini-T sets and test fitted. They kind of work on the Tamtech ballstuds (a bit loose) but work better with their own ballstuds. However, the 3Racing ballstuds were just slightly loose when threading into the holes cut by the M2.6 tamiya ballstuds, and this scared me off. Did you have the same experience with your set?

I still just snap on the 3R Mini-T shocks on my GB-02 sometimes to keep it low (to try and keep up with the M-03 minis at the track), I run either Mini-T rear springs or Tamtech front springs in the rear, and I run 3Racing's RC18T rear springs (comes with the shocks) on the front. Trouble with slamming down the GB-02 is that the front suspension is kind of near the soft end of its travel. Should work better on the GB-01.

Hmm, since you have a GB-01, and (had?) a Mini-T, maybe you can give it a try too.