View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019

I have the sprockets already modelled and printed ,you can see the rear one on the printed gearbox pictures , I already run kyosho sprockets and chain on my upgraded runner , its even got a front ball diff , I'm planning on modelling up printable kyosho pitch sprockets but its not yet done .The other thing I've done on my upgraded runner is use a modern ball diff coupled to a stock diff gear and balls, I used a Team C diff for the out drives and thrust washers with a 12mm sleeve over the drive cups to match the bearings
The rear diff took an unreasonable amount of time to make for this one and to be honest is not of a high enough standard to sell , my lath is manual not CNC and my time is free to me but I'm not planning on making any more , the rest of the parts are probably going to be on Shapeways , probably the most useful parts will be the gears , top deck/chain guide and steering knuckles as they are just unobtainium , its also going to mean that more get off the shelf and get their wheels dirty , well that's the hope .Hopefully you would be able to buy a complete gearbox set that just needs gear axles and bearings and drop it in and save the vintage transmition .
Its all now on hold for a week or two as I have other stuff on my to do list , thanks for the kind words .

Last edited by Dadio; 17-07-2019 at 10:27 PM.