View Single Post
Old 26-11-2012

Default Newbie questions!

Hi,

I started to get into racing about three years ago at DMS - sadly new baby & unpredictable working hours scuppered my evenings so I've had to give it a miss for a while. I'm now looking to get back out there on the weekends if possible, so I nipped round to your tracks yesterday to have a look - I was the guy wandering around with the toddler! Anyway, got a few questions...

Currently I've got a 4wd 1/10 electric buggy (Associated B44) - do you just run the 1/10s during the electric winter series - and is 4wd OK? I can't make the 23 Dec one, but three rounds next year should be doable.

I understand the normal races are 1/8 - is it nitro only, or do you mix electrics in as well? I'm very tempted by a 1/8 electric buggy, so if I can race that at the track then great. I don't really have anywhere at home to fiddle with nitro so that's out.

I'm 2.4Ghz so no frequency issues, and I believe I have a Mylaps Harry transponder - is that compatible with your timing system, or will I need to borrow a hand-out?

As you can tell, I'm no expert - I'm definitely in the lower end of the skill spectrum, but I'll definitely be popping by the track on non-race days to get back in the swing of things - once I've renewed my BRCA subs anyway!

Sorry for all the questions - I did speak to a couple of chaps in the pits who were very helpful, but my girl was in a funny mood so I couldn't stick around and get more info!

Cheers!