View Single Post
Old 18-08-2015

Default Help please on over heating motor issue

Hi there

Im running a Speed Passion combo of Reventon Pro and 6.5t motor. The firmware is fully up to date.

I have gone through 4 motors in a few months on what seems to be an over heating issue. I have replaced the ESC yet last night it cooked another motor. Im running low boost and mid range braking. The car seems to have decent air flow from a few cut offs, and theres no obvious cabling issues or loose connections.

The motor now wont pull away, but if I press the throttle, then manually spin two wheels it kicks in, almost like its killed the sensor boards.

The mesh seems fine, and its geared on a 23 tooth pinion.

I run indoors so it is quite warm. Last night as the car cut out, the temp gauge showed it at mid 130 degrees, and the ESC was fine for heat.

If anyone can give me any pointers on how I can prevent losing yet another motor, it would be very much appreciated.

I am at work at the moment, but can post pictures of the internals of the car so you can see how its set up tonight

Thanks so much in advance
Paul

Currently running Schumachers Cat K1 Aero and Cougar KF, with my son running the Cat K1