View Single Post
Old 27-12-2011

I have an FTX Carnage which is basically the same chassis as the Vantage and I Love the thing. I've bashed it around a bit and only had one minor breakage which was the front bumper.

It's very tune-able and has a large selection of option parts available including alloy hubs etc, carbon fiber shock towers and chassis brace and many other hop-ups.

The overall design is also very good, better then my LRP Blast. The way the chassis and diff assemblies work together is excellent and allows for quick servicing.

In summery I've not had many issues at all with my Carnage and I find it great value and great fun. I am considering getting the Vantage to replace my LRP Blast for club racing due to how much better the car design is.

I'd certainly not class the Vantage and Carnage as toy grade, they are hobby grade for sure.

One day I might get a £300 pro car (I always buy new) but with my current skill level I'm happy with my LRP Blast for 4wd.

I've no idea what the Edge is like...but has many has said here the Ansmann Mad/X-pro's are excellent for 2wd. I have a brushed one that I love to drive . The only thing I hate about the Ansmann's is the thin skinny design of everything and the thrust bearing...I hate Thrust bearings so the Edge is actually quite attractive to me as it's diff is not based on a thrust bearing

J

ANVIL-GFX