Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Sure, will do! But as I am currently still waiting for the dispatch note, I am beginning to doubt that the parts arrive in time for the weekend...
After taking a look at my YZ-2, the weight does not seem to be much higher than it would be using the steel bulkhead, which is mounted to angled chassis section. As of now, I don't know yet how heavy the brass inserts are at all. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
My mistake, I didn't realise you could use the alloy sides, then add on the optional brass. The alloy sides make good sense and will be a good part for sure, similar to the ones Ryan Mayfield is using on his buggies. I'm still unsure about the additional weight of the brass parts, but its certainly worth testing.
Fair point about the bulkhead weight comparison, and I guess it will react differently to the weight way up front.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------