View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010

As much as I like the idea of individual pitting areas, I think the space required for it would be a bit much. The layout above would lose you 12mē in pitting and the layout already has some dead space in it already. Essentially you only need a safe space to pull off and put cars back on as the main transponder swap could take place on the bar counter to the side. there's no real need ot keep the cars on the track to do the swap.

So here's my track suggestion. Complete with dimensions so its easier to build

Some more noted on how the races could be run so that we don't have to think about it later.

I think there is a feature on RC timing where you can combine the total laps and times of multiple races to get an overall result. We should do this so that the overal result is the combined times of both races.

The reason why I say this is because of the way that the numbers work out with the race duration and the number of members in a team.

You could declare that the first 15 minutes of Race 1 is Mardave section, then the next 15 be TC, then the last 15 is Mardave again.

This is then reversed for the 2nd 45 minute race so you get 15 of TC, 15 of Mardave then 15 of TC again.

In total, TC get 45 minutes on track and Mardave get the same.

Breaking is down further, in each 15 minute session, you have 3 stints of 5 minutes each which would work out nicely as each member gets a leg each. There might be a little variation in the exact amount of time each person runs for due to cars having to pit early or something but at least the guide is in place.

Maybe we could have a mini prize for "best team name" "Best dressed car" and also "driver of the day" "pitman of the day" "marshal of the day" or somehting. Obviously they don't have to be big or proper prizes, just a litle something to recognise achievements for the day would be good I think