Thread: X6 updates?
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
I personally believe that a new chassis - that's slim across the middle, with a new slimmer body would be VERY popular indeed.

All 3 chassis's are 'fat' due to the original design needing to accept a full length NIMH pack - sideways across the chassis.

Keeping the same layout - but making a slim chassis with a slim body would appeal to every X6 racer ? IMO the cars look a little silly alongside the slim modern LIPO specific chassis cars we have now.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still quicker with my X6 than my Losi 22 and I love the car - I just hate how it looks compared with newer cars that are designed around today's electrics.
But.........

Some people and some tracks will be (and still are) suited better to the full size stick across the middle. We have customers frequently telling us that for their driving and their local track that stick across the width still suits them best, by going "slim" we cannot do this just like all the "other" slim cars out there right now that dont have that option either.

Currently, in my opinion, we do have the best of all options, we can run stumpy packs if required, stick or saddle across the middle and of course saddles centrally mounted too, not many other 2wd's cater for this at present and also bare in mind as great as some of the other (UK based) 2wd conversions are, they have NOT been designed or run on dirt as much as the X6 has, where this option is still very useful at times.....

Another intersting point is that a lot of people think the X6 is mega wide, in fact it is exactly the same width as the B4 which surprises a lot of people.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636