View Single Post
Old 24-05-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Paint View Post
I'm surprised it says waterproof on the box as I've never seen it in any of there literature, that's weird!

BERT: Would you have prefered CML to have asked you to send the unit back (at your cost) then send it back to Novak for them to look at then when they come back weeks later and say "warrenty is void because it's got wet" OR CML rep says "TBH your novak warrenty is void as it's got wet" saving you weeks or even months of sitting on your thumbs with no speedo ???

The reps know there suppliers and know what they will or will not replace. And it's not exactly CML's policy that has stung you. I think boycotting CML is a bit of an over reaction really. I know a guy at our club who had a Checkpoint motor replaced recently because the bearing holder in the enbell was faulty, they replaced the whole motor, no messing.
its not the first occasion this has happened to my knowledge two previous occasions not myself where novak products have failed and customers being told where to go. one being a friend of mine and another being a midwest driver who had to approach trading standards to solve the issue i am not prepared to go that far as i have no faith in the product and to be told to f off was not professional i konw it was out of work hours so i will not say who it was but if i told my customers to go away even out of time i would be not giving a good impression this is not a whinge but other companys will at least be courtious