View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
this is a detailed answer, thanks!

I used to run prepared mini pins

probably the best performing tire on short & dry astro, even better when they wear but they are pretty agressive (maybe because of the normal aka inserts and wheels I used?)

aka crossbrace are good in hard compound too on astro, that's what I use outdoor at the moment it's an easy to drive tire

I'll have to modify the shock position as I didn't touch it for now. As well as shock oils and springs.

What oils do you have in your diffs?
True, wheels and inserts make a big difference. A lot of the guys here went for the yellow minipin premounts but the sidewall isn't stiff enough making them aggressive and prone to griproll like you say (but that's why I recommended the silver minispike premounts for the wet, because when it's slippery a soft sidewall helps).

TBH I never had very good results with grinding rows of spikes off minipins, if anything it seemed to make the griproll worse but that may be because even compared to other 1/8th buggies, the Vorza is a big heavy car. When I cut a row of spikes off the rears on my 1/10th ZX5 I could feel the improvement straight away.

RE Diffs, I usually run 5k front, 5k or 10k centre and 1k rear, I haven't really experimented much with diff oils but 5k in the centre reduces the likelihood of the car ending up on its roof when you brake hard on the entry into slow corners and also helps if the track is bumpy.