View Single Post
Old 18-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw1963 View Post
Beware of general astro setups, not every astro is the same. I didn't know this, until i had seen this myself. Also the cars can make a huge difference, comparing an XRAY with an HPI is a no go for me.

I have driven on astro most of the time, first with an RC8.2E and later with the XB9E. While i could not get the RC8.2E do what i wanted, with the XB9E i improved almost immediately with the basic setup.

We most of the time drive Tourex X300 Syntrac (buggy-cup.nl regulations), but when wet soft or super soft.

The Mini-Pins i did not try them myself, but as far i can see (on our track), they have high bite, but are unpredictable (unforgiving) even when more then one row is cut in the front or rear.
You're right saying it depends a lot of the car but I just need a setup to begin with. I'll race the JQ this winter, not the XB9E that I'll use for training. We race on a small indoor track and drivers/track are agressive so I don't want to wear the XB9E too fast. I need to keep it fresh for next summer seasons (national e-buggy championship). The JQ is 3 years old in comparison and I know this buggy by heart (even if it's not as good/ strong/ easy to drive etc..)

I agree with the mini pins, they need quite a lot of work to be efficient. The car always felt twitchy with them even if it gets better when they wear out. Maybe I could give the mini spikes a try? I can be very fast on technical tracks but I need to be confident in the car.

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H