View Single Post
Old 15-09-2014

Post I

This is where the whole vintage thing gets confusing Maddy,

The xxx is to all intents and purposes a modern car, It was released in 1999 and run in one guise or another up until 2011 when the 22 came out. Despite that what we don't want to do is turn anyone away who does want to run.

In an ideal world for authentic, close racing all running the re-released 1986 RC10 classic's would be awesome fun but I'm not stupid enough to think everyone will go out and buy one for the series.
In my opinion the appeal of the rc10/vintage racing is the classic look of the cars and the fact that the handling isn't very good so you do the best you can with what you have but maybe that's just me?

Even cars that fall within the years I would deem vintage 1986-1992 approx vary massively and get considerably better as the years went on. The RC10 classic is the most primitive of all the buggies we could run (and the one I would use) but Associated have also just re-released the worlds version of the rc10
From 1991 which is practically the beginning of the geometry of what would become the modern style 2wd buggy.

Control motors would be good, I see you can get a speed passion reventon R with 13.5 motor for £75 which would be ideal but control tyres would be a little trickier as anybody with the original RC10 would have to convert to adapters to also fit 2.2" wheels that we use now as the classic has 2" wheels.

How many people are seriously considering a bit of classic racing and what car's do you have?

Chris