View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4miy4 Guy View Post
I think the free access isn`t really the way forward because Bury as a club needs members, thats what we all want when you think about it (someone to race with/against). yes/no?

If the track is accessible to everyone whenever they like ,are these people coming on race days and becoming members? yes /no?
Or to put it another way if no members couldn`t use the track whenever they liked ,would they possibly turn up on race day instead? yes/no?

How do other clubs run the track are they free at all times for anyone?

I`m not against people turning up to practice , just thinking of ways to get more members and keep the track in good condition, which would attract more racers to the venue & move Bury forward.

Its all just my opinon lads so don`t jump on this if you don`t agree!

post your ideas / opinon

Andy
The track shouldn't be a free-for-all, it should be as it is currently. The way I understand it now, is members can (check with roger for permission) go down for a shakedown. But ultimately we all like to race, so we attend on mass to race each other and this is why the track & club exists.

I do think it needs to be harder to get in with bikes etc. But the bratts can be determined - it may cause more vandalism if we make it harder for them to climb over..

As for disabled access, im all for it, the council may be too. Perhaps a ramp zigzagging up the back or whatever, if the council are for it - they ought to be.

A hard standing for pitting by the track. No mud!

Im glad the council are doing something, just hope its plenty, it could be great for the club and continue the attendance which indoors is getting.